- Last march/april I discovered a wool shop in Leganés (Madrid). My sister-in-law's sister-in-law (phew!) told me about this shop near her home and DH took me there in one of our visists to Madrid. Although it didn't have all I wanted (bamboo, for instance), it has many wools by Katia and Lanas Stop. I got some balls of Katia Siesta and Katia Bahia at a reduced price because both have been discontinued (see pics). If anyone is interested in visiting it, the shop is Lanas Angelica, c/. Los Pedroches, 34. Zarzaquemada, Leganés (Madrid).
- I started knitting size S of Sunshine in Patons DK and, almost half way through it, I decided that it is definitely too big so I would have to rip. It has been lying around for nearly two months now.
- I also made a Silk and Pearls Cami (from Knitting Lingerie Style) without either silk or pearls in Katia Bahia, which is a hell of yarn but there is no danger that anyone buys it any more since, as I said, it has been discontinued. Well, when I had finished and sewn back and front, I saw that my knitting was irregular, that the upper part for the bust was too big and the top part of the back too loose. So I ripped it all and started again, this time ,in the round, for a more regular appearance (although not regular enough yet) and omitting many of the increases from the waist up. It is better now, but there are still holes where I picked up the stitches for the neckline. Although I like the pattern (with the above mentioned mods for my scarce bust) I do not completely like the result.
- I increased my stash with some more Patons Cotton (DK and 4-ply) bought on line from lovely Ebay Seller Sew Crafty Direct in tomato, kiwi and orchard. For some stange reason, I lately seem very inclined to buy discontinued yarn.
And now some suspense: I will very shortly publish the translation of one of Dodile´s patterns. Enjoy.
SP Hola. Ya llevo casi tres meses sin publicar un post. No es que no hubiera nada que decir, sino que andaba justa de tiempo, sobrecargada de trabajo y me atacó el estrés. En todo este tiempo he podido hacer punto, comprar lana, trabajar, trabajar, trabajar, agobiarme, trabajar e irme de vacaciones para recuperarme.
- En marzo/abril pasados descubrí una tienda de lanas en Leganés (Madrid). Me la enseñó la cuñada de mi cuñada, que vive cerca y el "marío" me llevó en una de nuestras visitas a Madrid. Aunque no tenían todo lo que me interesaba (bambú, por ejemplo), tienen bastante variedad de Katia y Lanas Stop. Compré algunos ovillos de Katia Siesta y Bahia que estaban de oferta porque han dejado de hacerlos (ver fotos). Por si a alguien le interesa, la tienda es Lanas Angélica, c/. Los Pedroches, 34, Zarzaquemada, Leganés.
Y ahora un poco de suspense: dentro de poquísimos días publicaré la traducción de uno de los modelos de Dodile. Hasta pronto.