09 December 2007

Here comes Jackie the Ripper / ¡Qué viene Jackie la "destripadora"!

Last friday I started knitting Nomad Hat from Interweave Knits (autumn 2007) without a scarf. I bought a ball of chunky Stop Astún in chocolate brown (100gr/85m) checked my gauge on 5mm. needles just to see it was too big. So I went down to 4mm. and seemed to do the trick. I had almost finished the hat yesterday saturday in lack of the last row and BO, when I tried it on and, omg, it just looked horrible: too big, too shallow (that is, not deep enough to cover my ears or part of them in this freezing weather we're having), and, all in all, too strange. I showed it to Hubby when he returned from taking our daughter to Madrid to see the family and the Christmas preparations and he had a good laugh. I let the hat survive one more day in order to take some pics and show the world my knitting disaster. Then, after discarding the swift idea of using it as a fruit basket, I ripped it completely. BTW, this yarn rips wonderfully fast. Have a good day.








SP Anteayer viernes comencé el Gorro Nómada de Interweave Knits (otoño 2007), pero sin bufanda. Compré un ovillo de lana gruesa Stop Astún en marrón chocolate (100 gr/85m), hice una muestra con agujas del 5 y ví que era demasiado grande. Así que me decidí por las agujas del 4, que iban mucho mejor. Ya casi lo tenía acabado ayer sábado a falta de la última vuelta y cerrar los puntos cuando me lo probé y... era horrible: demasiado grande, poco profundo (no me tapaba ni un poco de las orejas con el frío helador que hace estos días), y, en resumen, muy raro. Se lo enseñé a mi marido cuando llegó de Madrid de llevar a la niña a ver a la familia y las preparaciones navideñas. Se pasó unas buenas risas. Le perdoné al gorro la vida un día más, sólo con el objeto de hacer unas fotos esta mañana de mi fracaso tricotero para enseñárselo al mundo. Hoy, tras descartar una fugaz idea de usarlo de frutero, he acabado con él. Por cierto, esta lana se deshace de miedo. Que paséis buen día.

No comments: