29 October 2006

Baby things

Once my daughter was born, I had to do something nice for her. Some mothers and grannies knit a whole set of clothes and things before the baby is born. But I had done nothing as I didn’t have much time and felt quite tired the last months of pregnancy. I found some lovely booties in a Mani di fata issue I had around. I had to make a quite a few changes to the pattern because the explanations produced a very big boot, large enough for a 3-year-old. I used thinner needles (2.5 mm) and I also cast on fewer stitches and did fewer rows in some parts. At the beginning I had decided to do without the embroiderd flower because I am not good at embroidery but later I decided to give it a try and see what happened. I liked it and here is the result. I used Copito from Lanas Stop. I still have 1 ½ balls balls left, which I am planning to turn into a sleeveless cardigan for my daughter.

No comments: